Fencing Coaches of Canada (FCC)
Who we are:
The FCC is the coaching division of the Canadian Fencing Federation. It exists to maximize the potential of all coaches to serve the Canadian fencing community with the highest quality of instruction, training and support possible. The interests of all coaches in Canada are the focus of the elected Management Council of the FCC.
What we value:
Inclusiveness such that all coaches and instructors in Canada regardless of level of certification, experience, gender, ethnic background, place of origin or any other conditions shall be represented and served by the FCC.
Collaboration with FCC members and with partners.
Ethical and respectful behaviour towards all participants within the fencing community regardless of performance success, gender, ethnic background, place of origin, or any other conditions.
Competence in coaching which is the lifeblood of a successful development program, and is vital for the continued growth of this sport.
Accountability such that the decisions and actions of the FCC follow a process that is transparent to all members and partners.
What we do:
- Represent the interests of coaches to the CFF Board of Directors.
- Advise the CFF on the educational and professional development needs of Canadian coaches.
- Provide support for the implementation of the NCCP.
- Inform coaches about and assist coaches in professional development and mentorship opportunities.
- Maintain the FCC section of the CFF website to keep members and the public informed about coaching news and events.
- To have a say in the operation of the FCC through your right to vote and to elect Management Council members.
- To contribute financially to activities that support coaches.
- 10% discount on products and services for coaches offered by the CFF and the FCC.
Full member: coaches who hold current certification in fencing with the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) or are recognized as full members in accordance with the FCC equivalency policy for foreign trained coaches.
Associate member: coaches who are in training in the NCCP or are recognized as associate members in accordance with the FCC equivalency policy for foreign trained coaches.
$50.00 for both full and associate members (the coach must also have a valid CFF licence).
How to become a member of the FCC
Register online at CFF Licences and follow instructions.
Note: Beginning in the 2009-2010 season, an NCCP number or CFF equivalency number will be required to register as a member of the FCC.